A bitingly funny black comedy about what happens when the fictions that hold our lives together are exposed. In Dietz's sharp and surprising sojourn into the psyche of 2013 America — where affluence is perhaps our greatest mirage — three couples, long-time friends, find themselves at a dinner party where everyone finally decides to tell the truth.
Rancho Mirage begins its National New Play Network (NNPN) Rolling World Premiere at Olney Theatre Center. NNPN Rolling World Premiere of the play continues after Olney Theatre Center’s production at former Artistic Director Jim Petosa’s theatre, New Rep (Watertown, MA), followed by productions at Phoenix Theatre (Indianapolis) and Curious Theatre (Denver).
Rancho Mirage is a recipient of a 2013 Edgerton Foundation New American Plays award.
Executive Producer: Helen Marshall
(Recommended for ages 15 and up due to mature themes and some mature language)
Meet the Cast of Rancho Mirage
- Show Program
- ARTICLE: Jason Loewith directs ‘Rancho Mirage’ at Olney Theatre
- ARTICLE: Olney Theatre Center presents world premiere through National New Play Network
- REVIEW: ‘Rancho Mirage’ at Olney Theatre Center
- REVIEW: Suburban angst again, in ‘Rancho Mirage’
- REVIEW: Rancho Mirage
- VIDEO: Behind-the-Scenes with Rancho Mirage
- VIDEO: Rancho Mirage Tralier
- About the National New Play Network
- About the Continued Life of New Plays Fund