ABOUT THE PARTNERSHIP
The 25th Anniversary production of Tony Kushner’s Pulitzer- and Tony® Award-winning juggernaut comes to Washington in a collaboration between powerhouse producers Olney Theatre Center and Round House Theatre. Their artistic directors tackle what many critics call the 20th century’s most significant theatrical event with an extraordinary cast. These two plays perform in rotating repertory at Round House Theatre in Bethesda.
ABOUT ANGELS IN AMERICA PART I: MILLENNIUM APPROACHES
It’s 1985 - morning in Reagan’s America - as Kushner’s Pulitzer - and Tony® Award-winning epic introduces us to a cast of unforgettable characters: nebbishy Louis, whose fabulous boyfriend Prior has been diagnosed with AIDS; Joe, a closeted lawyer who has been taken under the wing of the infamous McCarthyite Roy Cohn; and Joe’s wife Harper, an agoraphobic, Valium-addicted Mormon come unstuck. Lives collide, the universe cracks open, and the Angel of America arrives to anoint a prophet in the first part of Kushner’s decade-defining hit.
ABOUT ANGELS IN AMERICA PART II: PERESTROIKA
The Angel reveals her grand plan to restore God to humanity while Prior, Louis, Harper and Joe scramble to make sense of a universe seemingly turning to rubble before them. After the more straightforward storytelling of Millennium Approaches, Perestroika hurls surprising comedy and theatrical flourish across Kushner’s magical canvas, blurring the supernatural and the physical realms in the thrilling climax of this epic dramatic achievement.
Angels In America Part I: Millennium Approaches
- The Washington Post: Summoning those better 'Angels'
- DCist: 25 Years Later, 'Angels in America' is Still Unflinching and Powerful
- DC Theatre Scene: Angels in America, Part I: Millennium Approaches at Round House
- DC Metro Theater Arts: 'Angels in America: Millennium Approaches' at Round House Theatre and Olney Theatre Center
- Metro Weekly: 'Angels In America' at Round House
- MD Theatre Guide: 'Angels in America Part I: Millennium Approaches' at Round House Theatre
- Broadway World: Round House & Olney's ANGELS IN AMERICA: MILLENNIUM APPROACHES an Artistic and Historic Triumph
- Talkin' Broadway: Angels in America Part I: Millennium Approaches
- TheaterMania: Angels in America: Millennium Approaches
- Washington Jewish Week: Tony Kushner's journey without embellishments
Angels In America Part II: Perestroika
- TheaterMania: Angels in America, Part II: Perestroika
- DC Metro Theater Arts: 'Angels in America: Perestroika' at Round House Theatre and Olney Theatre Center
- MD Theatre Guide: 'Angels in America Part II Perestroika' at Round House Theatre
- DC Theatre Scene: Kushner's Angels in America: Perestroika at Round House
- Broadway World: ANGELS IN AMERICA: PERESTROIKA Completes Roundhouse & Olney's Theatrical Triumph
- MetroWeekly: "Angels in America: Perestroika" at Round House
- Washington City Paper: Just Like Heaven: Angels in America at Round House Theatre
- Talkin' Broadway: Angels in America Part II: Perestroika
- 'Angels' in Maryland: An epic combination
- 'Angels', AIDS and the Arts
- Angels in America: Exclusive portraits of Round House and Olney's landmark production
- Mitchell Hébert on the challenge of playing Roy Cohn
- Spine: For the Love of 'Angels in America: Perestroika' at Round House Theatre
- Revisiting 'Angels in America'
- Thing To Do and See in September and October
- Post-Player Palaver: John Stoltenberg and Michael Poandl on 'Angels in America: Millennium Approaches' at Round House Theatre and Olney Theatre Center
- Maryland Theaters Partner for Coproduction of Angels in America