RMR & Associates
301-230-0045, ext. 300
Olney Theatre Center Brings Back The Infamous Peanuts Gang
You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown opens 2012 Season
Olney, MD- February 8, 2012 - Olney Theatre Center, the award-winning, year-round arts and entertainment destination, is proud to announce opening of a childhood favorite, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. The gang is here to sing their hearts out on Olney Theatre Center’s Mainstage from February 22 to March 18, 2012.
Charles Schulz’s Peanuts gang is brought to life on Olney Theatre Center’s Mainstage in this family-friendly musical; directed and choreographed by Stephen Nachamie with Musical Direction by Christopher Youstra. This production will also bring together some of Olney Theatre Center’s longtime regular cast members, including James Gardiner playing Snoopy; Janine Sunday playing Lucy Van Pelt; and Vishal Vaidya playing Schroeder; as well as actors that are making their Olney Theatre Center debut, including Zack Colonna playing Charlie Brown and Jaimie Kelton playing Sally.
“This intimate and heart-warming production is bound to charm audiences, young and old alike,” said Olney Theatre Center’s Artistic Director Jim Petosa. “I believe that everyone can connect to one of the characters in You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown and that’s why this production is so personal.”
Fun Facts about Charles Schulz and the gang:
- Peanuts is regarded as one of the most influential and well-written comic strips of all time
- Peanuts has won numerous awards and has been syndicated to several TV shows and movies
- Peanuts came from Lil' Folks, a weekly panel comic that appeared in Schulz's hometown paper, the St. Paul Pioneer Press, from 1947 to 1950
- The Washington Post was one of the first newspapers to run Peanuts when it premiered on October 2, 1950
- February 13, 2000, the day following Schulz's passing, was the last day the Peanuts strip ran in papers
- Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center opened August 22, 2002 in Santa Rosa, California
- In 2010, Peanuts turned 60 years old
Tickets start at $26, please contact the Olney Theatre Center Box Office at (301) 924-3400 to make reservations.
About Olney Theatre Center
Olney Theatre Center, located in Olney, Maryland, is a 73-year-old professional, award-winning, nonprofit, Equity theater whose mission is to inspire and nurture artists, students, technicians, administrators, and its audience members through its diverse array of theatrical and musical productions year round. Located in arts-rich Montgomery County, Olney Theatre Center is easily accessible from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD. For more information please visit www.olneytheatre.org.