A contribution from you helps Olney Theatre Center focus on its mission of building a strong, fearless and vibrant American character through high-quality theatre productions and education programming.
On December 18th, President Obama signed a law that retroactively extended the charitable IRA rollover for 2015 and made this provision permanent for the future. Up to $100,000 can be transferred directly from traditional or Roth IRAs annually to charitable organizations and recognized as donations.
Best wishes for a very happy New Year!
Your contribution enables Olney Theatre Center to:
- Serve close to 100,000 people on and beyond our 14-acre/4-venue campus annually
- Produce a full season of professional theatre productions that include 20th century American classics, premieres, revivals, and re-interpretations of classics that resonate in our contemporary culture
- Integrate theatre and education through our National Players tours via performances and workshops
- Develop an awareness and appreciation for theatre within the community and build participation among its residents
- Provide a safe and welcoming artistic "home" for established and emerging actors, designers, and directors
- Reach and cultivate new audiences through Audio-Described performances, reduced tickets for school groups, and free community events including Summer Shakespeare
- Prepare young people for professional positions in production and arts administration through our full-year and summer apprenticeship programs
- Partner with outside community groups and thereby offer a larger variety of programming to our constituents
- Achieve the best of theatre artistry and receive outstanding audience acclaim, critical review and recognition within the industry
- Leverage additional support from other granting agencies and donors
- Stimulate the economy - Olney Theatre Center impacts local businesses, restaurants and vendors and employs more than 100 actors, many from the region, and more than 35 full-time staff members
Even better, your contribution enables Olney Theatre Center to . . .
- KEEP TICKET PRICES AFFORDABLE! (Ticket sales cover only 40% of our operating costs)
- KEEP PARKING FREE!