It wouldn’t be Christmas without Paul Morella’s stunning solo rendition of Charles Dickens’s classic tale that represents everything great about the holiday. This is A Christmas Carol in its purest form, with 99% of the text drawn directly from the original novella. Even more impressive, Morella’s theatrical portrayal of over 50 characters honors how Dickens himself would tour the world reciting the story. Now in its fourteenth holiday season, the show is a family tradition throughout the region and a gem constantly being discovered by new audiences.
Learn more about this production in the Frequently Asked Questions.
Reviews and Press
- Broadway World: "Morella is a master storyteller"
- MD Theatre Guide: "phenomenal and entertaining, making a familiar story fresh and sticking true to the central heart of the narrative..."
- The Washington Post: Be his guest: Morella’s solo ‘Christmas Carol’ is an inviting ghost story (2015)
- DC Metro Theater Arts: "A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story of Christmas" at Olney Theatre Center
- MD Theatre Guide: 'A Christmas Carol' at Olney Theatre Center
- The Washington Post: Three Scrooges: Area actors reflect on playing the Christmas curmudgeon
- Baltimore Post Examiner: A Christmas Carol: A Ghost of a Story told the olde fashioned way
- The Washington Post: Scrooge Summit
Adapted and Performed by