Our 14-acre campus is easy to navigate. Below are some pointers (and a map) to speed your journey from arrival to parking, to ticket scanning, and on to your seat.
Olney Theatre Center has a small front lot facing Route 108 and a larger rear lot. Reserved spaces for those with mobility issues are in the rear lot. For those escorting patrons with mobility issues, there are drop-off zones in front of the 1938 Original Theatre and the Roberts Mainstage which can be accessed prior to parking. (See campus map below).
The Box Office is located in the Roberts Mainstage Lobby and is open Wednesday through Sunday from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm, as well as prior to all performances. A Box Office associate is available in the Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab beginning 1 hour prior to performances in that venue. All events at Olney Theatre are ticketed using Mobile Ticketing -- you can print out your tickets at home or have them scanned off your mobile phone. Will Call is no longer available except in rare exceptions. Those providing a valid email address will receive an email confirmation of their order and a separate email with PDFs of their mobile tickets. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list to ensure delivery.
There are three indoor theatres and one outdoor performance space on campus. Please consult your ticket or reservation to see which space is hosting your performance. In general, theatre doors open for seating 1/2 hour prior to the announced curtain time. Late seating is always at the discretion of the House Manager.
- Roberts Mainstage - Our 429-seat theatre is furthest to the left when facing the campus from Route 108. Please check whether your tickets are in the orchestra or the mezzanine. Enter the Roberts Mainstage either via the Omi Pavilion from the rear parking lot or from the entrance facing Route 108. The Roberts Mainstage is also the location of our Box Office.
- 1938 Original Theatre - The original 1938 summer stock theatre, complete with peach basket lighting fixtures. The Historic Theatre is to the right of the Roberts Mainstage in the center of the campus with the green awning out front.
- Mulitz-Gudelsky Theatre Lab - Our flexible-seating black box theatre is on the eastern edge of campus, to the far right when facing from Route 108. From the front lot, you can take the paths on either side of the Crawford House to reach the theatre entrance. From the rear lot, enter by the path next to the Scene Shop.
- Root Family Stage at Omi's Pavilion - Our outdoor theatre behind the Roberts Mainstage and Omi's Pavilion. This space is easily accessed from the western end of the rear parking lot. Performances take place rain or shine, so dress for the weather. However, if there is an expectation of prolonged foul weather, and/or lightning, then for the safety of our audiences and performers, events may be moved inside to the 1938 Original Theatre. In the event of a venue change, we will put a notice on the website and post signage when you arrive directing you to the indoor venue. Refunds will not be provided because of weather or a change of venue.
The possession or consumption of outside alcoholic beverages in or near any of our theatres is strictly prohibited.
- Crawford House - The farmhouse that faces Route 108 is the location of Olney Theatre's administrative and production offices as well as housing for artists and apprentices.
- William H. Graham Sr. Actors' Hall - On the second floor of the Roberts Mainstage building, this space is used for rehearsals, auditions, and receptions.
- The Room - Located in the Roberts Mainstage lobby, this space serves as our Box Office.
New 23-24 Season Information
- Beginning with the 2023-24 Season, program books are available for purchase either at the theatre or in advance for $2.
- Season Members and Donors can receive a free program by displaying their member ticket or donor card at their performance.
- Students K-12 can receive a free program by reserving in-advance or at the theatre.