We believe that everyone should be able to enjoy quality theatre. Below are some of the ways we try to meet the needs of as many patrons as possible. Please reach out to us if you have concerns about your visit.
Assisted listening devices
For listening assistance during performances, our infrared system, which amplifies the sound on stage, is available free of charge. Please ask the house manager for assistance. (This service is not available on the third Wednesday evening of each production's run when Audio-described performances are occurring.)
GalaPro (Roberts Mainstage only)
GalaPro is a revolutionary, innovative app for accessibility and translation, which enhances the audience’s experience for live performances. Patrons using the app can now enjoy the show with subtitles on their smartphone or tablet. All services are provided in real-time.
GalaPro is the first-of-its-kind mobile application that enables the attendees to not only see and hear the performance, but to understand what is being said as well.
GalaPro requires a one-time installation of the app. It is easily accessible and can be downloaded for free from the App Store/Google Play. Then, the user simply chooses the venue, the show they wish to see, and service(s). Our unique technology is designed specifically to adhere to the theater. Airplane mode is always on so there will be no messages or phone calls, and a black screen with red font that only the individual looking at the screen can read. There are no bright lights to disturb anyone.
Please alert House Management if you plan to utilize this service.
Sign-interpretation is available for each season production on the dates below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to utilize this service. Please note that dates are subject to change.
Dates for Sign-interpreted performances during the 2023-2024 Season
- The Brothers Paranormal: Thursday, October 12 at 7:30PM
- Fiddler on the Roof: Thursday, December 7 at 7:30PM
- A Christmas Carol: Thursday, December 14 at 7:45PM
- Ken Ludwig's Lend Me a Soprano: Thursday, March 7 at 7:30PM
- AVAAZ: Thursday, April 4 at 7:30PM
- Islander A New Musical: Thursday, April 18 at 7:30PM
- Long Way Down: Thursday, June 13 at 7:30PM
- BEAUTIFUL The Carole King Musical: Thursday, July 25 at 7:30PM
Learn more about sign-interpreted performances in our Theatre and ASL Workshops
Audio-described performances are offered on the dates below. Audience members may enjoy free broadcast pre-show program notes and descriptions of the action, scenery and costumes during pauses in the dialogue from any seat in the theater. The Metropolitan Washington Ear provides this service. Email email@example.com if you plan to utilize this service. Please note that dates are subject to change.
Dates for Audio-described performances during the 2023-2024 Season:
- The Brothers Paranormal: Wednesday, October 11 at 7:30PM
- Fiddler on the Roof: Wednesday, December 6 at 7:30PM
- A Christmas Carol: Wednesday, December 13 at 7:45PM
- Ken Ludwig's Lend Me a Soprano: Wednesday, March 6 at 7:30PM
- AVAAZ: Wednesday, April 3 at 7:30PM
- Islander A New Musical: Wednesday, April 17 at 7:30PM
- Long Way Down: Wednesday, June 12 at 7:30PM
- BEAUTIFUL The Carole King Musical: Wednesday, July 24 at 7:30PM
Olney Theatre Center is committed to providing accessible theater to everyone. Visit this page for dates and more information. If you or someone in your family would like to attend a sensory-friendly performance, please contact our box office to purchase tickets.
If you have an accessibility issue not covered above or questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org