This show is archived
Last winter our internationally acclaimed production of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast inspired thousands of theatergoers: as People Magazine said, it’s “a tale as old as time [that] feels refreshingly new.” Now Jade Jones (Belle) and Evan Ruggiero (Beast) are back in a revival of the production that won hearts and attracted the admiration of audiences from around the country. Be our guest along with other returning cast members Bobby Smith (Lumiere), Dylan Arredondo (Cogsworth), Michael Burrell (Gaston) and the rest of the gang in the Beast’s cursed castle for an escape to a world where beauty is more than skin deep and happily ever after is just a rose petal away.
Special Bonus: Helen Hayes Award-winner Tracy Lynn Olivera joins the Beauty cast as Madame de la Grande Bouche
"Jade Jones’s superb performance raises Belle to a new level. Instead of the easily digestible and diagrammable concerns and objectives, and inflexible tics, that typify most figures in this Mouse House-branded entertainment, her Belle exudes complexity and realness, without sacrificing comic pizazz."
-The Washington Post
Howard Ashman & Tim Rice
Music Direction by
Walter “Bobby” McCoy
Marcia Milgrom Dodge
Olney Theatre will offer both mask-required and mask-recommended performances of Disney's Beauty and the Beast:
- For performances on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, face masks are recommended but not required.
- For performances on Wednesdays and Sundays, face masks are required.
Jessica BennettEnsemble/u.s. Mrs. Potts
Michael BurrellGaston/ US: Beast
Kelli BlackwellMrs. Potts
Selena Clyne-GalindoEnsemble / Belle US
Erica Leigh HansenEnsemble/US: Wardrobe
Ariel MessecaEnsemble/Cogsworth u/s
Tracy Lynn OliveraMadame De La Grand Bouche
Connor James ReillyEnchantress/Dance Captain
David SingletonEnsemble/ US Lefou
Megan TatumEnsemble/ US: Babette
Tyler M. WhiteEnsemble
Michael WoodMonsieur D'Arque
Marcia Milgrom DodgeDirector
Walter “Bobby” McCoyMusic Director
Colin K. BillsLighting Designer
John Keith HallProduction Stage Manager
Robb HunterFight Choreographer
Ali PohankaWig Designer
Matt RoweSound Designer
Narelle SissonsScenic Designer
Ivania StackCostume Designer
PRESS AND REVIEWS
- Playbill | Jade Jones Finds Their Fairytale in Beauty and The Beast’s Belle
- MetroWeekly | Editor's Pick: "Olney revivies its hit production of 'Disney's Beauty and the Beast,' with Jade Jones as Belle and Evan Ruggiero as the Beast."
- MD Theatre Guide | Review: "A show that is both familiar and fresh and, above all, fantastical and fun."
- Broadway World | Review: "A fresh and transformative performance that gives a new meaning to the story's phrase: 'beauty is found within.'"
- DC Theater Arts | Review: "stellar vocals and moving performances...fun and very memorable. "
- WTOP: ‘Be Our Guest’ as Olney Theatre serves second helping of ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- NBC4 Washington: Reimagined ‘Beauty and the Beast' Returns to Olney Theatre for Extended Encore
- Outspoken | Review: "Simply put, Jade Jones as Belle, shines throughout."
- The Washington Post: At Olney Theatre, casting ‘Beauty and the Beast’ with an eye to inclusion (Nov. 2, 2021)
- MSNBC: There's a new Belle in town — and she's shattering all kinds of princess beauty standards
- The Washington Post: Review | Olney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ succeeds with a Belle who brings complexity to the role
- PEOPLE.com: How This Beauty and the Beast Is Reflecting Real Life with 'Different Body Types and Ethnicities'
- NBC4 Washington: Olney Theatre Reimagines ‘Beauty And The Beast'
- MD Theatre Guide: Theatre Review: ‘Disney’s Beauty and the Beast’ at Olney Theatre Center
- DC Metro Theater Arts: Olney elevates 'Beauty and the Beast' to new and exciting heights - DC Metro Theater Arts
- Playbill: Take an Exclusive First Look at Beauty and the Beast at the Olney Theatre Center
- Washington City Paper: City Lights: A New Spin on Beauty and the Beast for a New World - WCP
- Metro Weekly: Evan Ruggiero gets beastly in 'Disney's Beauty and the Beast' at Olney
- Talkin' Broadway: Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- OurKids.com: Beauty and the Beast at Olney Theatre
A Parent's Guide to Beauty and the Beast
LEARN MORE ON THE BLOG
We're constantly adding new posts, videos, and photos to our blog about our shows that take you deeper into the content, behind the scenes with the artists, and invite your feedback. Follow us on Facebook to be updated when new posts go live.
- Video: Evan Ruggiero performs "If I Can't Love Her"
- Video: Jade Jones performs "Home"
- Quiz: What Enchanted Object Are You in the Beast's Castle?
- Designer Focus: Belle's Journey Through Her Costumes
- Video: Roundtable Discussion: The Beauty and the Beast Stars on "Beauty"
- Director's Perspective: An Interview with Marcia Milgrom Dodge
- The Original Fairytale
WATCH PAST BEHIND THE SCENES EVENTS
OPENING NIGHT DIALOGUE
Thursday, November 11, 5:00pm
Marcia Milgrom Dodge, Tony-nominee and the director of our production, discussed the play, the process, and her career with Artistic Director Jason Loewith.
Watch the video
BEAUTY AND THE BODY
Held Monday, November 8, 2021
A virtual conversation
Casting Directors weighed in about what makes a body “beautiful” on stage and screen. Guests include Vickie Thomas from Vickie Thomas Casting (The Harder They Fall, Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood, Detroit, Hidden Figures), Geoff Josselson and Katja Zarolinski from JZ Casting (Broadway, off-Broadway, and regional theater), and José Carrasquillo (Director of Artistic Programming at Ford's Theatre).
Watch the video
You might also like
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
November 9 - January 1 2023